| || || |
Dr. Muhammad Sarfraz
DP - Academic Staff
I am from Pakistan and I recently earned my PhD degree (JUNE 2017) major with Pharmaceutics from school of pharmacy, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST), Wuhan-China. I completed my bachelor (B.Pharmacy, 2000-2004) and master (M.Phil. Pharmaceutics 2007-2009) from The Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan under the kind supervision of Prof. Dr. Mahmood Ahmad.
I have teaching experience of three years at the Department of Pharmacy, The University of Lahore, Pakistan and also two years job experience in a well-known national pharmaceutical industry of Pakistan. My PhD research was focus to develop nano-liposomal formulations to target hepatocellular carcinoma. During my PhD research work, I experienced following techniques:
• Thin Film Hydration method (TFH) and Ethanolic Injection Method (EIM) were employed to develop liposomes
• Cancer and non-cancer cell lines e.g. HepG2, Hep3B, KB, L02, H9C2 were used to conduct cell culture studies
• Tumor and non-tumor bearing mice models were used to conduct in vivo and toxicity evaluation studies
• Various analytical instruments e.g. HPLC, FTIR, Mass spectrometer, Fluorescence spectrophotometer, UV-Fluorescence microscope, AFM, FSEM, Flow cytometry etc. were used.
• Beside this, a lipid coated calcium carbonate/phosphate nanocrystals of investigational drugs were also developed to target atherosclerogenic mouse model.
My fields of interest are:
o Lipid based nano drug delivery system e.g. liposomes, nano-emulsion, lipid coated nano-crystals/tubes
o Cancer cell biology and development of onco-therapeutics (cancer targeting drug delivery).
o In vitro In vivo Correlation (IVIVC) of poorly soluble drugs based on biopharmaceutical classification system (BCS)
o Quality by design (QBD) approaches to improve formulation development process and techniques